Connecting Data From Multiple Feature Layers To Analyze Together

09-29-2021 01:52 PM
3CDCOrganizationalAccount
New Contributor III

I am trying to figure out if this is possible; I have multiple feature layers created from surveys filled out by workers reporting on their different jobs they have completed. Basically one survey is for one type of task and another is for a different type of task. I want to be able to look at/filter the work of specific employees in a dashboard across the different surveys together.

I have been looking at if this is possible to do with something like a join or relate table, but I was wondering if anyone has done this or come across a similar post regarding a situation like this. I appreciate any help or tips that can be offered.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you're on AGOL, the recently-added data expressions can do this if you're willing to put in the time to get the code expression correct. How it will look depends a lot on your input data layers, but it's probably possible in some fashion. There are some useful examples in this GitHub repo; the linked expression is for combining multiple layers.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
3CDCOrganizationalAccount
New Contributor III

Thanks Josh, I will look into it. I am not super experienced when it comes to coding but I will try to take a crack at it.

GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Multiple data filters and indicators may help on a dashboard, a little clunky for what you are describing, but has worked for me before on projects with multiple inputs and with the new data download you can get CSV's from hosted feature layer data that can be filtered. I would definitely recommend trying @jcarlson 's suggestion though, I probably will. Data expressions have been a topic I have heard about for years and am glad everything is coming together nicely. If you're still having trouble and you can't find an answer, I would suggest reaching out to ESRI's support teams or tech support. They've been able to walk me through projects on a number of occasions and are always most helpful and resourceful when it comes to these things.

Hope this helps @3CDCOrganizationalAccount ,

God bless,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM