Checkout the next generation Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Beta

10-25-2017 10:20 PM
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI: we recently held a 2 day Esri internal holistic testing event for the next generation Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Beta in Redlands. We received some great feedback and I wanted to share some screenshots of the nice looking dashboard apps that were created during the beta testing.

If you haven't taken the next generation Operations Dashboard for a test drive, we encourage you to do so. Think about what you can create and deploy for your organization!!

Get started by joining the Beta program: Esri Early Adopter Program

Enjoy!

6 Replies
AshtanRodgers
New Contributor III

I am interested in the last image. Is that a setting to showing multiple locations for tracking purposes or is it a lag on the real time feed?

Seems like a great concept for the ATCT but it is very busy, which could cause problems.  

0 Kudos
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

The data feed came from the Spatio-temporal Big Data Store. Query parameters should be set to trim down the data to be specific to what should be shown on the map. In this case the Flight number field was used and it is not unique enough because more than one Flight number can share the same aircraft. This is a reason why the map shows more flight symbols than it should be, but it is enough to get idea across. To improve this, logic on the back end data store should be used to allow query flights by the tail number which will be unique and show better result on the map.

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

A colleague and I tried an earlier version of this back in July. It will definitely be a useful tool. Our only concerns was that the reports couldn't be updated in real time when data was changed and manipulated. We haven't tried the latest version assuming there was another update after July, 2017.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Jordan,

FYI, there have been 2 beta updates to Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS since last July,

Hope this helps,

AshtanRodgers
New Contributor III

I haven't used the beta so it might seem like a dumb question but when you say reports, do you mean the dashboard or actual pdf/printable report?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Ashtan,

I believe when Jordan used the term 'reports' in his reply he meant the dashboard and not PDF/printable reports. There is no print capability in Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos