Charts - Point Layers Fields Missing

Jump to solution
10-08-2015 06:40 AM
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to create a Histogram and a Bar Chart using a Point Layer as the source but all the fields except objectID and Tax Field are missing. I checked and the problem also occurs with the Pie Chart widget. When I use other widgets, the fields are all available. If I use non-Point layers, all the fields are displayed in the Chart widgets. It is only when using a chart widget with a Point Layer that the fields disappear.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherOlsen

So after reviewing the data, it was found that most of the fields were string type and those will not work in charts that are looking for numeric fields to display data. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ChristopherOlsen

Hi Tiffany-

Maybe there is something with your dataset that is causing this?  Are you using a feature layer from with in the org, or a service URL from ArcGIS Server?  Or even if you pull the URL from the org and try that? 

Thanks,
Chris

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

Hi Chris,

The Point Feature Layer is being accessed from my webmap in Portal. In Portal I loaded the layer from my computer as part of a file geodatabase. All the fields from the point layer are accessible using other widgets in Dashboard; it is only when using a chart widget that my fields are missing. The other layers in the same file geodatabase from Portal display all of their fields in the chart widgets. It is only the point layer when used with a chart widget that has the problem of missing fields.

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

If the data is shared to a group, can you add my account- colsen_nitro to it and I can take a look?  Or do you have a test account you can send? 

Thanks!
Chris

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

Do you need access to the portal map and dashboard map or just to the data?

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

based on your assessment, just the data and portal map.  If the widget doesn't allow it, I should be able to see that in any dashboard.

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

I have tried adding your account to a group but I am not getting any results. I have tried colsen_nitro and your name. Since the group is private, would you need to first be a member of the organization?

I do not know how to send a test account. Do you mean the file?

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

So after reviewing the data, it was found that most of the fields were string type and those will not work in charts that are looking for numeric fields to display data. 

FrankVignati
Occasional Contributor II

It would be beneficial if the pie chart would work with non-numeric values so that we could get a percentage pie chart of types of objects on the map. For example if there were a point feature representing hydrants with a text field indicating their cap color we could chart it as 60% green, 30% orange, 10% blue based on the number of points with that attribute.

IWA
by
New Contributor II

Hi All

I have a field called "Site ID". This field added to some graph types but not to some. What could be the reason? Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos