Category selector: error searching for text and selecting all

10-20-2022 08:33 AM
SMDSAdministrador
New Contributor III

Hello everybody. First, sorry for the english (google translate).

I noticed a problem with the category selector based on values ​​grouped in multi-select and I couldn't find anything in the widget configuration that solves the problem.

I have a database, updated by Survey123, in which different sectors fill in some information. These sectors are of three types: “CRAS” (total = 47), “CREAS” (total = 14) and “Centro Pop” (total = 1), totaling 62 sectors. These “sector types” are identified by the sector name ("Unidade SMAS").

When placing the column “Unidade SMAS” in the category selector in the form of multiple selection and selecting the option “select all”, the filter returns me the 62 sectors correctly, as shown below:

SMDSAdministrador_0-1666279547494.png

However, when filtering by “CRAS” and clicking on “select all”, the filter returns only 24 sectors (and not 47):

SMDSAdministrador_1-1666279589913.png

When clearing the search box, I noticed that the filter merges sectors: select one, do not select another, select one, do not select another... and so on:

SMDSAdministrador_2-1666279656196.png

The same happens with the text “CREAS”, in which it returns 7 sectors (and not 14), again interleaving the selection:

SMDSAdministrador_3-1666279846949.png

That is: when selecting all sectors, without searching by name, the widget works correctly. However, when we type a text in the search, it does not select all the features completely, but rather merges the selection.

I performed the same procedure with another layer with the same sectors, used in a completely different logic, and the result was the same. When I do the same search on the "Unidade SMAS" column in a webmap filter, it returns the correct values. So I believe the problem is not with the layer or the records, but with the widget.

I would like to know if this is really a widget problem or if there is some configuration that solves the problem.

Thank you all

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SMDSAdministrador
New Contributor III

Update: After some more tests, I verified that the problem is not the "select all", but the search itself for a text in the filter.

As an example, I created a category selector using the "defined values" option, I created 5 "Rio" prefix categories, and when searching for this text, the filter does not return all the options (it merges the returns [yes, no , yes, no...]), as shown in the image below:

SMDSAdministrador_0-1667821602790.png

I also noticed that this problem happens with different dashboards, in different layers and even in different portals of organizations.

We've never had a problem with this text finder before, so I'm guessing it was after some ArcGIS update.

Any idea?

0 Kudos