Can't install Operation Dashboard due to proxy

12-02-2013 03:46 AM
SandeepKumar5
New Contributor II
Hi

I am trying to install OD inside my organisation network which uses a credential based proxy for accessing the internet and getting this error - " +The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required." . (attached the log file)
I was wondering is there any place where I can mention these credentials or some other way like an offline setup which can be installed directly etc to get around this?

Regards
Sandeep
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
Sandeep,

If you haven't already, you might want to check out this post.  My problem is specifically related to the use of a proxy script in our enterprise environment.  The bug is NIM090926.

--Adam
0 Kudos
SandeepKumar5
New Contributor II
Hi Adam,

Thanks ! I did check that post but the problem I am facing is, the OD itself is not getting installed in the first place so that afterwards I can make changes in config file to make it work.
After Clicking on the installer OneClick file- OperationalDashboard.application , it gives this error message - "Application download doesn't succeed......" .And more details gives that attached error log.

Though I am not sure but was suspecting, the installer might not be able to get internet access to download all the files required to complete the installtion.And thats why I was looking for some offline installer setup, if available.

Regards
Sandeep
0 Kudos
AnargyrosTomaras
New Contributor III
This appears to be a well known ClickOnce issue. See this ClickOnce through Proxy with Authentication and this clickonce (in .NETv3.5) - does it support working through a proxy server with username and password?

Does your proxy use Windows authentication (NTLM) ?
If yes then can you try changing your machine.config file to include this as the last entry

<system.net>
 <defaultProxy enabled="true" useDefaultCredentials="true"/>
</system.net>

Otherwise, for Http-Authenticated proxies (Basic/Digest), there might be a workaround out there.
Take a look at this SO question How can I use my Proxy credentials when installing a Clickonce application?.
Disclaimer: Use this workaround at your own risk. This is just a link i found while browsing the net. [ATTACH=CONFIG]30151[/ATTACH]

Let me know if this helps.
0 Kudos
SandeepKumar5
New Contributor II
Hi Anargyros ,

Thanks but unfortuantly this didn't work. We have Http-Authenticated proxies and I tried the 2nd way but the insatalltion is still failing with the same error.

Regards
Sandeep
0 Kudos