Can elements refresh automatically?

Jump to solution
01-17-2018 05:21 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Can element values refresh automatically when the underlying feature service is updated? I have a user who wants the dashboard to update without needing to manually refresh (or 'touch') the browser. Setting the refresh interval on the map seems to have no effect. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Operations Dashboard should respect refresh intervals defined in the web map as well refresh intervals defined on the service item (item detail page -> visualization tab). If you are not seeing it refresh (on the defined interval), then it's possible the item/map is misconfigured or there is a bug in the app. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Operations Dashboard should respect refresh intervals defined in the web map as well refresh intervals defined on the service item (item detail page -> visualization tab). If you are not seeing it refresh (on the defined interval), then it's possible the item/map is misconfigured or there is a bug in the app. 

MikeOnzay

Thanks for confirming it is possible. It was a configuration issue. Working now.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this question. I set the refresh interval of my map layer to 5 minutes in the web map, however over in Ops Dashboard there seems to be no effect. Is there an extra step I am missing?

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

While testing you might want to set the interval rate to 0.1 (6 seconds) so you don't have to wait 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson

Are there certain elements this refresh rate is meant to apply to, and others which it does not? I have set the refresh interval at the map and layer level, and I see the updates appear in the map itself, but not any widgets. I am most specifically looking for near instant refresh in the List widget. If the refresh interval should definitely be working, please let me know.

My ideal workflow:
1. New records appear in List
2. User clicks on item in the list, Survey123 URL parameter populates survey for updating this item's status,  clicks submit
3. Change in status (field value) is reflected almost instantly in the List item

Right now my user has to refresh the entire page every time, which is time consuming and not user friendly.

0 Kudos
MetralAlexis
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, I've exactly the same issue with Portal 10.9.1

I see other people had that issue in the past but never got an answer to fix it. 

Were you able to get your element refreshing ?

Thanks

0 Kudos