Select to view content in your preferred language

Can Arcade return fields non-alphabetically, and with field aliases, within a Dashboard element environment?

08-01-2024 03:47 PM
ademshark
New Contributor II

I am currently trying to use the 'Details' element within an AGO Dashboard to display attribute information when a feature is clicked on the Map or other element. I want to only display ONE record's attribute data on the element, not as many as may be associated with that Project ID (the data should be the same across records, but the project can be in many locations sharing the same attributes).

Within the 'Details' element, unfortunately, there is no 'Grouped Values'-like feature as with other elements (like a Listing). So if there is a specific project a user queries on the Dashboard (via a Project ID), the 'Details' element tab may show a ton of redundant data tabs. To handle this I am attempting to use an Arcade expression on the data to add all projects with the same Project ID together, and only return one label or attribute expression for that group. It works, no problem.

However, the 'Details' tab seems to want to return the fields in alphabetical order, no matter what I do to the script.

Does anyone know if this alphabetical display is built it to Dashboard on this element, or can a custom field listing order be added to an Arcade script?

I've tried field mappings and various other adjustments, but nothing seems to make it work. This is somewhat difficult to articulate, and I am hoping some answers come up without having to post the full script.

Additionally, I can't seem to access field aliases, is this something that is also possible?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies