Browser support for Operations Dashboard?

03-05-2014 06:40 AM
TimothieBiggs
New Contributor II
In todays ArcGIS Online update there is the suggestion that Operations Dashboard now has browser support?

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/03/05/whats-new-in-arcgis-online-march-2014/

I had hoped this would mean one wouldn't have to install anything locally anymore (which would be great because geneally in my office the GIS tech don't have admin rights) - but I think I misunderstood. Can anyone shed any light on what this latest update means?

Thanks
Tim
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Tim -- You can now view and monitor an operation view in the browser. This is limited to single display operation views.

Creating and editing operation views is still done in the Windows app.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
ChrisMayhall
New Contributor II

Kylie,

Are there plans to add the multidisplay operation view to browser support in the future?

Thank you,

Chris Mayhall

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris -- There are not plans to support the multidisplay operation view in the browser as you know it today. However, we do have plans to enhance the layouts that are supported. Are you hoping to actually use multiple windows, or just layout the widgets in a different structure?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
ChrisMayhall
New Contributor II

Hi Kylie,

Thank you for the prompt response. I do not plan to use multiple screens. I have a particular case where I just want to display the widgets without the map. The multidisplay allows me to minimize the map to where it is not viewed but I can still use it as a data source. Also I prefer the way the widgets are displayed instead of having them on "pages" where the user must scroll through them.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the feedback! I will make sure the team is aware of this kind of use case.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
TimothieBiggs
New Contributor II
OK thanks for clarifying this.
0 Kudos