Blank Map

07-30-2013 01:16 PM
ThomasDyer
New Contributor
I successfully installed the application and created a basic map on ArcGis online. I created a new view and loaded my map into the widget, but all I get is a white screen. I know there is data there because I can do an identify or routing, just no image. The same problem occurs if I load one of the sample views from ESRI. It seems to have functionality but no image. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
HiranZani2
New Contributor III
Hi guys - I´m having the same issue and maybe this sollution also applies to my situation.

How can I access the Dashboard config file?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
To open your OperationsDashboard.exe.config file, run Operations Dashboard, and while it is running open Task Manager. In Task Manager, find OperationsDashboard (if you are on Windows 7, you need to find it in the Processes tab; on Windows 8 you can use the applications tab), right-click on it, and select �??Open File Location.�?� When that folder opens, you will see an OperationsDashboard.exe.config file. You can open that file in a text editor.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AndyBohnhoff
New Contributor II

Hi Kylie, do you know if this is still the solution to the white screen in O.Dashboard? I am having the same problem as above and am not sure of the correct solution. Thanks!!

Andy

0 Kudos
JayChen
Esri Contributor

Hi Andy,

Yes what Carol and Kylie mentioned above is still the solution for fixing the white map issue in ops dashboard app. All you need to do is:

1. Follow the steps Kylie mentioned above to locate the OperationsDashboard.exe.config file on your computer and open it in a text editor.

2. Follow Carol's reply above to add the following key to this file. It should be placed at the same level as other keys in the config file

<add key="useAcceleratedDisplay" value="false" />

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, I don't know if this would work for anybody else, but I  had the same issue and was able to just open a new document and drag all the layers from the "blank" file onto the new and they displayed fine. (It was not a very complex doc which I'm sure helped...)

0 Kudos