Blank Map

07-30-2013 01:16 PM
ThomasDyer
New Contributor
I successfully installed the application and created a basic map on ArcGis online. I created a new view and loaded my map into the widget, but all I get is a white screen. I know there is data there because I can do an identify or routing, just no image. The same problem occurs if I load one of the sample views from ESRI. It seems to have functionality but no image. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi Thomas,

Could you share your map and provide the link to it please. If you zoom in or out does the map redraw correctly or is it still white?

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos
ThomasDyer
New Contributor
If I zoom in or out it is still blank. I know there is something there because you can click on the map using the Driving Directions widget and it returns local streets, so the layers are there just not visible.

http://www.arcgis.com/opsdashboard/OperationsDashboard.application?open=34f2053dea8d400783d54452c37f...
0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi,

Could you please share the web map / services that are used in the Operation View. I can open the operation view however it is telling me that some data sources are not accessible.

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos
ThomasDyer
New Contributor
Carol,

Sorry about the service. It is public now. I reinstalled the Ap, and recreated the dashboard, but still no luck. Here is the new link.

http://www.arcgis.com/opsdashboard/OperationsDashboard.application?open=bb88a8a1c59e4aadbaceb8aedd7d...
0 Kudos
ThomasDyer
New Contributor
Carol,

The problem seems to be isolated to my machine. Not sure what is causing the issue, but I had someone else pull up the dashboard and it works fine.
0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
It does appear to be tied to your machine. It opened and drew the map just fine for me.

Could you share some info about your operating system and machine? Any idea how it differs from that of your coworker who was able to see the map?
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
ThomasDyer
New Contributor
Problem solved by ESRI tech support. The problem seemed to be caused by my graphics card. By adding the following code to the dashboard config file the map reappeared.

<add key="useAcceleratedDisplay" value="false" />
0 Kudos
PeterHenschel
New Contributor II
Has this changed in the latest version of Dashboard?  I fixed my graphic card issue with the previous version, updated to the newest version and I can't get my to map display to work again.  I tried to add < add key="useAccerleratedDisplay"> but the configuration file seems to have changed in the new version.
0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi Peter,

Could you email me your config file cghostine@esri.com. Also please share your map and send me the link to it.
What type of graphic display do you have in your machine?

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos