attached image behavior between old and new Dashboard systems

04-27-2021 07:01 AM
MichaelShouse
New Contributor
A dashboard I made in 2019 has a details widget that shows the results of a collector app service with attachments shown as images embedded in the view. I made a duplicate of that dashboard this month and the new version has different formatting and only shows the attachments as links without previews. Is there a way to get the images to show up as embedded again?

3 Replies
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @MichaelShouse , I feel your pain!

If you open your map in Map Viewer (not Classic), select your layer and go to 'Configure pop-ups', turn 'Show as list' off.

Then in your Dashboard, for the Details element, turn 'Attachments' on (rather than 'Media').

A frustrating change that I have had to make on several Dashboards...

Dashboard_Images_Config.png

Hope this helps!

Jamie.

0 Kudos
MichaelShouse
New Contributor

2021-05-19.png

No luck.  This is using an ArcCollector layer and attachment table. Any other ideas? Thanks.  

0 Kudos
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @MichaelShouse,

Did you have any luck with this? One thing that may be worth trying is to create a new feature with the same schema and append your data to that. See if that changes your pop-up/attachment options in Map Viewer. Not ideal...

I had to 'fix' a Dashboard today and the attachment options in the pop-ups menu wasn't available in Map Viewer and I (somehow) resolved this by opening the map in Map Viewer Classic, turning on the 'Show feature attachments as links' option in the pop-up setting, saving the map, then opening it up in Map Viewer again, and the attachment setting were there!

Jamie.

0 Kudos