ArcGIS Enterprise Dashboards loses layer selection when map is panned

04-28-2022 06:41 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Not sure if this is a bug but thought I'd see if anyone else is experiencing it before raising a support ticket. I've created a dashboard in Enterprise 10.9.1 which contains a map with a simple point feature layer (from a hosted feature service).  I also have a list element (based on the same point layer) in the dashboard which is filtered by the user making a selection on the point layer on the map which works as expected until......

point_selected_before_panning.PNG

Image shows point selected and list filtered correctly

...the map is panned a reasonable distance away from the selected point and the selection is removed from both the list and the box that appears next to the select tool showing how many records are selected.  The point feature that I had selected still remains highlighted on the map though.

From a little bit of experimenting it seems like the selection fails once I've panned the map horizontally about a full map window's width away from where I started, irrespective of what scale the map is at. I thought it might have something to do with the Render Only When Filtered setting for the list but I still get the same result whether that is applied or not.

point_selected_after_panning.PNG

Image shows map after panning away and back again, selection is lost (despite highlight) and list unfiltered.

3 Replies
CameronMcKee1
New Contributor III

We are experiencing the exact same behaviour.  In our case we have the map selection filtering a drop down selector as there can be many points in a single location.  It's very easy to repeat: select any point and then pan the full window width or height once or twice.  After that the selection is lost.  We thought that the selection highlight may be displayed from the cache of the area rather than indicating that the point is actually still selected.

Have you had any luck finding a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Cameron,

I eventually got ESRI tech support to log this as a bug BUG-000149927

No idea when it will be resolved as it could well be too late for the 11.0 release of Enterprise. My workaround for now is to use Classic Dashboards, but then I miss out on a lot of useful functionality that the newer JSAPI 4 based version introduced. 

0 Kudos
CameronMcKee1
New Contributor III

Thanks Gareth.  Good to know that we can try Classic Dashboards as a workaround.  Hopefully ESRI gets this fixed soon.  Our users certainly expect to be able to click on the map and have the dashboard update accordingly.  There has been a push lately to try Power BI and this sort of limitation makes that look more attractive. 

0 Kudos