Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Dashboard Number selector automatically filtering records in dashboard as some features have no value

Jump to solution
03-20-2024 08:25 AM
Labels (1)
LJackson29
Occasional Contributor III

Hello -

I am using ArcGIS Online Dashboards, and am trying to create a number selector so users can select a range of projects based upon an integer field (rank score 1-500). Not all projects have have a rank, as a result all projects that do not have a rank are automatically being filtered out of the whole dashboard which we do not want. Is there a way to turn off the number selector by default (similar to Experience Builder) or have it ignore the null values? 

Thanks,

Leila

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LJackson29

@jcarlson Just discovered that if you select the spinner option vs. the slider option, there is an option for "Allow None" that resolves this issue. I like the slider better as it is more compact and easier to use, but the spinner will work. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Number selectors always operate in a way that ignores nulls. You could get around this with a Grouped Values selector looking at the same field. This might result in gaps in the numeric range for values not present in the data, and also means you can't use a nice "slider" selector, but it would preserve nulls in the data.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
LJackson29

Hi Josh - 

@jcarlson  Thanks for the idea, but each record has a unique value so I can't really group them using the grouped values. I am trying to figure out how to write an arcade data expression that will group the values (1-50, 51-100...) and then use the grouped values, but am having problems with my code - I keep getting an error "Cannot access value using a key of this type" and not sure what that means.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A data expression could do it, but to actually filter the rest of your dashboard, it would need to hang onto the objectid. Could get tricky, though doable.

Where would you want null values to show up? What about just filling nulls with something else, like -1 or 501?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
LJackson29

@jcarlson Just discovered that if you select the spinner option vs. the slider option, there is an option for "Allow None" that resolves this issue. I like the slider better as it is more compact and easier to use, but the spinner will work. Thanks for your help.