Select to view content in your preferred language

Advanced Formatting List

Jump to solution
09-06-2024 06:46 AM
BugPie
by
Frequent Contributor

Hello out there! Looking for some guidance and hints on how to format a list. Specifically I'm looking to evaluate 5 different fields and then color the text for that line item based on the value. Where I get hung up is trying to evaluate more than 1 field and then applying to color to only that field in the line item layout. I Don't want all text to be a color just the value from that field, if that makes sense.  

Seems like a long If then statement but I can't wrap my head around the structure. 

I have a 5 fields for completion that has an integer between 0 and 100 and null.  

In my list I have each of these five fields as well as some other fields and text. 

Hoping to color the text for the field if 0-33 = red, 34 - 66 = yellow and 67 - 99 = green, all else black. 

var comp1 = $datapoint.pc_1

var comp2 = $datapoint.pc_2

var comp3 = $datapoint.pc_3

var comp4 = $datapoint.pc_4

var comp5 = $datapoint.pc_5

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BugPie
by
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @jcarlson I forgot about using "{expression/comp1}" as a way to call colorized text from the function. I need to take better notes from each of my projects but at least I'm getting better every time though. haha. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To get single lines to be colored differently, you'll need to use inline styling. Since you're doing the same color scaling to each field, this would be a good spot for a custom function:

function colorize(x) {
  var col = When(
    x < 34, 'red',
    x < 67, 'yellow',
    x < 100, 'green',
    'black'
  )

return `<span style="color:${col}">${x}</span>`
}

return {
  attributes: {
    comp1: colorize($datapoint['comp1']),
    comp2: colorize($datapoint['comp2']),
    comp3: colorize($datapoint['comp3']),
    comp4: colorize($datapoint['comp4']),
    comp5: colorize($datapoint['comp5'])
  }
}

Then in your line item template, bring the colorized text in "{expression/comp1}", etc.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
BugPie
by
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @jcarlson I forgot about using "{expression/comp1}" as a way to call colorized text from the function. I need to take better notes from each of my projects but at least I'm getting better every time though. haha. 

0 Kudos