Select to view content in your preferred language

Action from a list to be propagated to embeded dashbords

07-20-2023 02:48 AM
LMBaptista
Frequent Contributor

Hi, all. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a dashboard with another embeded dashboard. When I select a record from a list I configured the actions to filter other widgets, but I can't do it to the embeded dashboard.
Maybe I can use parameters, but can't find how. 

Any solution for this in Operations Dashboards?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You would need to set up URL parameters on your embedded dashboard. 

Configure Actions on URL Parameters

Then you would need to set your embed widget to feature and add your child dashboard URL with the URL parameters and the reference field from your parent dashboard that provides the parameter value. It will look something like this: https://<myorg>/portal/apps/dashboards/<itemid>?state={state}

- Jen
0 Kudos
LMBaptista
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Jennifer, thank you for the tip, but I can't find where to set them.

I created the URL parameter in the Dashboard 2 (the one to embed) called state. The field is {state} also.
In dashboard 1 I added the dashboard2 as embedded content. I think this is the only place where I can define anything.
I used the link of dashboard2 (so it can appear) with the parameter just like you mention:

https://<myorg>/portal/apps/dashboards/<itemid>?state={state}

But with this configuration the dashboard does not appear, keep circling around waiting for something that never happens.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have an action set up to control the embed widget and have you made a selection? Because you are using URL parameters - the URL to the embedded dashboard will only work once you have a parameter value. Your parent dashboard is not sending it a parameter value until a selection has been made. 

I would recommend having a list drive the embed and setting it to 'render only when selected' so that it only displays once a user picks a list item. 

- Jen
0 Kudos
LMBaptista
Frequent Contributor

I think that's the point. The embedded content does not appear as a possible target when I'm defining the action (Filter) from Dashboard1 to Dashboard2.

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You need to set your embed as a feature and select the layer that drives it and not add it as a static embed.

Embed Widget:

JenniferAcunto_0-1689947940094.png

List Widget:

JenniferAcunto_1-1689948020496.png

- Jen
0 Kudos