Selected List Items Reset

11-04-2021 09:31 AM
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

In dashboards when you enable selections for multiple, in order to return to home and not have any list items selected, you have to manually unselect each list item. My idea would be a reset button like on other dashboard elements such as category selector, etc.

This would make using large lists and selections easier and cohesive with the rest of dashboard elements and functionality.

Use case: Giving a presentation where a selection is made but a new selection is needed. A quick reset on what is selected from the list would allow the next selection to be seamlessly made.

I'm eager to hear everyone's input and suggestion. Many thanks and may God bless,

JL

4 Comments
AnninaHirschiWyss

This is a very nice idea! In the same time add a button to "select all" 🙂

Cheers,

Annina

CherieBryant

Agree with this suggestion. The other filter elements have the option to "Reset" and I was looking for the same for the List.

patrickb
Status changed to: Under Consideration

A step in the right direction ... A new setting to allow dashboard reset was added as part of the November 2022 update of ArcGIS Online. All things remaining equal, it will be picked up by ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1.  The addition of  reset specifically for the list element is under consideration, and this idea will benefit from more feedback from the community.  

D_AnneHammond

I agree, the average end user will not know what to do and a Deselect button in the list panel would help tremendously.