Layout guides for dashboard elements

05-25-2021 08:29 AM
K_Wa
by
New Contributor II

I would like to be able to set layout guides for organizing multiple dashboard elements.  Even if they were just simple guides like "This element should take up 50 percent of the available horizontal space" or "this element should take up 20 percent of the vertical space in this column"

It would be nice to be able to align things when there are lots of smaller tiles - or to make sure that a split occurs in the actual middle of a page.

3 Comments
DerekLaw

Hi @K_Wa,

Even if they were just simple guides like "This element should take up 50 percent of the available horizontal space" or "this element should take up 20 percent of the vertical space in this column"

When editing a dashboard, when you hover your cursor over a partition "line" between two elements, you should see an approximate size percentage that helps meet your need above. For example, in the screenshot below, notice the size percentage in the red outline.

Edit_Dashboard.png

Hope this helps,

K_Wa
by

@DerekLaw - That would be a great tool - but it looks like it only shows up on the Dashboards that are built in AGOL.  I'm running a on-site Portal (v10.9) - looks like that feature hasn't trickled down to us yet.

DerekLaw

Hi @K_Wa,

> ... it looks like it only shows up on the Dashboards that are built in AGOL.  I'm running a on-site Portal (v10.9) ...

Yes, this functionality is available in the new ArcGIS Dashboards release. It's not available in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 - but is expected to be part of the 10.9.1 release.

Hope this helps,