Select to view content in your preferred language

Idea: Allow Layers Visibility Per Each Map Element

10-26-2023 06:41 AM
leahmaps
Occasional Contributor II

It would be a great addition to the usability of dashboards if we could filter the layers shown on the map - directly in the dashboard. 

I am seeing this when I have a dashboard with three maps (all from the same web map). This map has points and lines.

In one group, I want to show both points and lines, on another group, I want to show just lines, and in the last group, I want to show just points. Currently, if I want to do this, I would have to make three separate web maps, which for the sake of keeping AGOL clean, I do not want to do. 

A better solution would be the addition of "visible layers" in the settings for the map element. There, you could turn certain layers on and off per each map element.

I know you can have the option to turn layers on and off in the map, but this refreshes if the page is reloaded. 

This solution would be a great way to customize dashboards even more, and create less clutter in AGOL!

1 Comment
StevenDel_Castillo

Hi

I've found a workaround solution to make it easy for users to turn layers off and on by simply clicking a button. Perhaps this will help with your inquiry. See screenshots below.

StevenDel_Castillo_0-1702339569080.png

StevenDel_Castillo_1-1702339661448.png

StevenDel_Castillo_2-1702339705615.png

This works since there is never a "0" objectID, which becomes my OFF button. ON is basically everything else non-zero. 

Steven