Select to view content in your preferred language

Group Values selector And Map Filter Action

08-05-2024 06:00 PM
Labels (1)
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Dashboards team,

• So I have a pivot long poly feature class in which two of the columns are "Variables" (multiple variables) and "Value". The Varaibles field has each of the variable name and the Value field has the respective variable value for each poly in the poly feature class.
  • The Map Viewer map of this layer already has a choropleth symbology based on the Value field.
  • then i added the map to a dashboard
  • i then added a selector to the dashboard header and selected the Variable field as I wantd the user to select the variable they want and the map would update automatically by linking the selector to the map via the "filter (to filter the values from the Value field based on the selected variable) action". This would have been cool you know since it saves you from creating/adding individual map dashboard widgets/tabs for each variable so it's more user friendly and less cluttered. However, when I chose a variable from the selector the layer symbology reverted back to the default single color. I think it would be nice if the symbology stays the same and it doesn't change back to default and still honors whatever symbology colors had already been setup in the Map Viewer Map after making a selection from the drop down menu. By the way You can do this in ESRI Insights (the method is differerent) so it should be implentable in Dashboards as well 🙂

Cheers