Enhancing Embedded Content in Operations Dashboard

06-11-2019 01:42 PM
JohnStowell
New Contributor III

It would be useful if there was a way to pass a geometry/bbox variable from a dashboard Map Extent to an Embedded Content widget, dynamically.

I want to be able to pan around an Operations Dashboard map object and have a third party website changing dynamically based on the map extent. Eg. something like //<thirdpartysite>/content?geom={bbox_from_map_extent}

I know that I can do this already for other built in widgets, such as filtering a List by map extent, or filtering Embedded Content by a field in my List selection. So it seems the functionality is there, but not exposed for public use.

My use case is something I've developed to show all feature layer attachments in a gallery view, but I'd like to take it a step further and make it dynamically filter by map extent. I think adding this feature would allow for some really interesting custom widgets to be developed by the community and used as Embedded Content.

3 Comments
DavidNyenhuis1

Hi John,

I'm glad to hear you are utilizing the Embedded Content element. Thanks for posting this idea and explaining your use case. We have this capability in our backlog, and I have added your use case to it. Although I cannot give a date on when it will be available, it is on our to do list.

Dave

JohnStowell

Thanks Dave,

That is good news! I look forward to seeing it rolled out in future then.

Cheers, John

patrickb
Status changed to: Under Consideration