ArcGIS Dashboards- Map Widget- Admins Ability to Select Layers from Map to Display

01-23-2024 01:58 PM
Labels (1)
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Dashboards Team, 

We recently became aware of this limitation which seems very fundamental. 

We currently have a map with 14 layers in it. We would like to use one map (one AGOL item) but configure it with some layers off/on in the dashboard. Currently I have not found a way to do this using one map.

The apparent workaround is to have multiple different maps in your AGOL content then have those in your dashboard. This leads to a lot more overhead for admins to manage.

I'm proposing that the Dashboard team looks into a similar feature as ArcGIS StoryMaps. In ArcGIS StoryMaps their maps offer the ability to turn on/off layers. This allows users to have one map but visualized different ways. 

Amanda__Huber_0-1706046965856.png

Thank you for your time, 

Amanda Huber

1 Comment
MiltonSolano

Team,

I agree this functionality is a must to have, implemented exactly as Story maps did. I have a dashboard showing different variables like temperature, precipitation, wind, etc., coming from different stations on a map. I need to turn off/on the layers on the map when the users change to another page within the dashboard in order to see the graphs that applies to those stations.

Without this capability, I need to create separate maps for each Stations to show (Temperature stations, Precipitation Station, Solar radiation stations, etc.), making more difficult to maintain the overall project.

Thanks!