Add reporting and ability to export to CSV

12-28-2017 11:10 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

I recently created my first operations dashboard for use with Survey123 and was a bit disappointed to find i couldn't create reports or export any data.  It would be super helpful for if you could create custom reports and export your filter selections in dashboard to a csv file.

88 Comments
KathleenBrenkert

Adding this would make dashboards a single solution for us for some of our reporting functions.  Our current work around is to use a separate application or script to export the same data that is viewable within the dashbaord.  This in many ways discourages our users from making full use of our dashboards. They are much more likely to skip using the dashboard and go straight to the separate application to grab their export.

LStroupe

Would ESRI please give us an update on this? This is a huge deal for us and it's slowing down business processes immensely. What's the point of drilling down into data, if you cant then export the results or print the map?

JodiFlory

PLEASE implement this!!!  This is very important for the practical use of this application.  End users require this functionality - particularly the ability to export to csv or shapefile. 

NathanielSimmons

Still waiting on this basic capability to become available through a dashboard....

YukoYokozawa

This feature is very important for us since we are using the enterprise behind the firewall which prevents us to use Survey123 web and feature report. 

LynnGaines

End users always export data for statistics and reports.  This feature would greatly benefit our department.

KevinMWright13

Hi Esri,

As you may know, I am a LONG time user, a frequent speaker at Esri conferences and a huge advocate for the organization as a whole.  That said, I am desperately disappointed with the lack of response on this.  We are in the third year of this thread and no response from your dev team.  I am aware that Experience Builder may soon make this irrelevant, but we cannot wait until that is released and operational.  PLEASE, I beg you, spend one sprint cycle and knock this out.  You have a huge community of users who will offer a collective hurrah if you do.

Thanks,

Kevin Wright

sandeeppatil

Hi,

We are the custumize application developr for the gis.We custumize the need of importing from the dashboard and export into any format or represent ant web formated data as per user need.

Please let me know for custumization on

ShelbyRoberson1

We absolutely NEED this ability to export Ops Dashboard results (especially whatever is currently filtered on the dashboard). I work for a police department and we would like to use Ops Dashboard for detailed crime summaries. While being able to see the results summarized on a dashboard is a great first step, the inability to export the data and do more analysis in other programs renders is what keeps us from using Ops Dashboard in our production workflows. I see this idea is reviewed, but is there a plan in place to allow the functionality? We're using ArcGIS Enterprise. 

NathanielSimmons

Scott - here are a few ideas/concepts that I really wish would be implemented immediately:

• Ability to export the attribute table from the web map in a dashboard setting
  • Export attributes from the elements, such as the List element (based on the filters/feature actions and what is currently being shown in that element)
  • Export a custom set of attributes from the map/elements - allow the user to have the ability to select "export all attributes" or simply choose the attributes to be included in the export
  • Ability to export features from the map/or other elements (as a shapefile, etc.)

As many others have stated, this functionality is critical to the success of many organizations. I love the concept of using dashboards, but in many instances I have turned away from using them due to not being able to export the real time results by the end users/decision makers.

I wholeheartedly support ESRI, but not being able to export results from a dashboard is extremely frustrating and unacceptable...

Please update us with the status of this implementation and if it is even being considered (as it SHOULD be).