Ability to draw a buffer around a feature in Dashboard map viewer

08-11-2022 06:25 AM
AmberMillison
New Contributor III

I would like the ability to generate a buffer around a feature or location of interest based on a selection or search within the map view of a dashboard. I use Dashboards for our emergency management department and it would be useful to be able to place a circular buffer of a given distance around a point on the map based on either a searched address or manually clicking the point of interest. This would help us in the event of an incident occurring; being able to quickly generate a buffer of a specified distance around the point location of an emergency would allow us to identify any features within that buffer that could potentially be at risk due to the incident. This tool could be associated with a List element to list any features that lie within the buffer.

5 Comments
ElisseDeleissegues1

I second this suggestion!

AlessioDiLorenzo

This would be great 

CarlaParrack

Please add this

sonia_ml

Agree! We need the ability to generate buffers

AlessioDiLorenzo

Is there some updates on this? The workflow should be:

1. the user select one or more feature on the map;
  2. if choosen in the layer actions configuration, the dashboard show a panel to define the buffer distance and the unit of measure (this would be the new tool)
  3. once triggered, the buffer action should show the buffer polygon on the map and return the filtered features in the target layer

This would be a killer function!