Why is collector ignoring symbology in the map?

Jump to solution
12-15-2017 10:59 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My map looks like this

But ALL points in collector are a light grey?

Anyone know why?

Note it is a Feature layer that was created by a AGO join.  I then went into the created layer, went to the Visualization tab and changed it.  Then added to a webmap.  Webmap looks fine.  Funny thing is my other program is doing the same thing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So i guess you cannot use Counts and Amounts symbology.  Collector (and my esri stack app) can only render simple symbols.

So I changed to a unique values list and then set the colors like a color ramp.  My data is chunks so it worked but a bummer for sure.  Does not look as nice.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

Same question here. I think it may be due to lack of support in the current version of Collector for some "smart mapping" (or "advanced symbology") settings. I had a similar problem when I tried to symbolize a date field as "before, on and after" a particular date. It looked fine in the AGOL web map and apps but was a gray dot in Collector.

It seems like the new Aurora Project Collector might be able to support it. The beta is out now, but I haven't tried it.

0 Kudos
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

The workaround I came up with for my case was to use Hosted Feature Layer Views -- set up views with queries for the dates before, on and after. Then symbolize each view appropriately. This did the trick for me.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So i guess you cannot use Counts and Amounts symbology.  Collector (and my esri stack app) can only render simple symbols.

So I changed to a unique values list and then set the colors like a color ramp.  My data is chunks so it worked but a bummer for sure.  Does not look as nice.

0 Kudos