Where do Image Files go when attached & sent inside a Geo Form??

Jump to solution
02-12-2016 12:34 PM
GregoryKlein
New Contributor III

So, I've created my very first rudimentary information collection form (two text fields) that provided an "Attach Image File" feature (required). I've tested the form, which seems to call its own basic results viewer from ArcGIS. Everything seems to work as intended in the view, but the attached image is nowhere to be seen in viewer. I've no idea what happens to it after it's sent. I'd like for the image to appear in a pop-up when the associated location marker is clicked in the map viewer, but I've no idea how to do that. Can anyone explain? Here's the rudimentary web app...

http://gregoryklein.maps.arcgis.com/apps/GeoForm/index.html?appid=dad30e999a004b8b8b9a0bd2f9964545

Thanks!

Greg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryKlein
New Contributor III

Never mind. I realized that i cannot do this without a desktop liscense.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryKlein
New Contributor III

Never mind. I realized that i cannot do this without a desktop liscense.

0 Kudos
ArlanHenry
New Contributor III

I have the same question. Please elaborate on how the Desktop License alleviates this.

With the license are we able to view the attachments using ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap etc) or will we be able to view the attachments online?

For instance, I've created a web app using a geoform where the attachment is required and a subsequent summary viewer web app. The point of the geoform was to document potholes in my country and the requirement is to upload pictures of the pothole to prove that the report is true.
So without a license the user who uploaded their image can't view their own image or other uploaders images?

Sounds like it defeats the purpose of creating the web app and being able to share it publicly.

0 Kudos