Untrusted host error message - Android Collector for ArcGIS

07-02-2020 01:07 AM
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Some of our Rangers are getting an untrusted host error message (see attached). And if you select trust it just throws up the error message again.  You can flick the app out and on most occasions it opens again and works fine.

Running Android 10 with latest updates on a Samsung S20+ and latest Collector for ArcGIS 20.2.1 Build 2956.

Any ideas what is going on?

43 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Those who have not contacted support about this, please do. We need an official way to track how many users this problem is affecting. This will be fixed for Field Maps but I cannot comment on a potential fix for Collector at this time as this involves some additional complexities (they are on a different runtime version for one) and the root cause is still being debugged. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
BrandenHarding
New Contributor II

Colin,

Has this been fixed for Field Maps yet? If yes, is there a bug fix link in the release notes I can share with my team? If not - do you have have an updated ETA?

0 Kudos
jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

It is really hard to track this down. Just as an example the experience I had this morning on my Android phone. I wanted to log into Field Maps, that I installed recently, with an ordinary ArcGIS Online account. After entering the credentials, the app hung. I removed the app and installed it again. The app hung again. I removed the Field Maps app, the Collector App (I was having other issues with the Collector, so I decided to remove it as well), I restarted my phone, installed FIeld Maps again, and then I could login and the app started normally. While around the same time I logged in with the same account on my iPhone without problems.

To use a good dutch saying, I can't make cheese of it.

Regards,

Joris

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

We are also getting users reporting this problem with the Explorer App. Any sign of a resolution for Explorer? Details: version is 20.2.2 and build 2747 on Android.