Untrusted host error message - Android Collector for ArcGIS

07-02-2020 01:07 AM
SteveTaylor6
Occasional Contributor

Some of our Rangers are getting an untrusted host error message (see attached). And if you select trust it just throws up the error message again.  You can flick the app out and on most occasions it opens again and works fine.

Running Android 10 with latest updates on a Samsung S20+ and latest Collector for ArcGIS 20.2.1 Build 2956.

Any ideas what is going on?

43 Replies
kkoz490
New Contributor III

Hello, I am getting this error in Field Maps on a Samsung Active Pro with Android version 10.

0 Kudos
AdrianDoss
New Contributor III

We are also getting the error on a variety of Android devices running Collector.

0 Kudos
jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I ran into this same problem in the new Collector App on Android after redirecting the URL for the rest interface to our new ArcGIS server machine with ArcGIS Server 10.8.1. The same mapservices are running on that new server (restored a backup of the old site to the new machine).

I have some other problems as well, not being able to upload attachments and not being able to synchronise offline maps (those problems I see on iOS as well).

I saw this workaround (somebody described it before in this thread but I didn't see a link):

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000024329

but how are we to going to instruct all our field workers to do this? That is going to be a big mess.

Joris Frenkel

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@jorisfrenkel The issues you have described I think are unrelated to this thread. This specific instance of an "untrusted host" message is happening in ArcGIS Online. I would suggest reaching out to Support with some details about what you are seeing and they can help troubleshoot further. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
jorisfrenkel

@ColinLawrence thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I haven't been clear. I get the untrusted host message in the Collector App, using ArcGIS Online web maps with feature layers based on mapservice from our ArcGIS Server machine.

I logged a support request with our Esri agent.

Great to hear that Field Maps is getting this update. Will the Collector App follow?

0 Kudos
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

Getting similar reports from some of our field crews using Explorer on Android phones (mix of some managed by Intune and some just standard installs).

untrusted_host.png

FWIW I agree that the certificate install technical solution is really not practical for any organisation with more than a handful of users.

Edit: just to say this is ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi All,

Just an update on this - we have been able to reproduce this in house and and have logged an issue to investigate the root cause. We would hope to have a fix for this in Field Maps in a coming release.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
jorisfrenkel

@ColinLawrence Thanks, good to know. Did you try to reproduce it in the Collector App too? 

Our local Esri agent advised me to re-install the Collector App, so I did that. Now I'll just wait and see.

0 Kudos
AdrianDoss
New Contributor III

Please fix it in Collector, it's really interfering with our asset collection program.

BrandenHarding
New Contributor II

@ColinLawrence any update on potential fix for Collector users? We have probably ~150 users in India where this is a major issue with poor connectivity.