Unable to download map

01-05-2017 01:02 PM
TraceStanford1
New Contributor III

I'm trying to download a collector map for offline use, but it pops up with an error that says

"Unable to export tiles. Tiles available only for levels (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19) hence not able to export tiles for this specified levels (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14)." I've tried caching my hosted tile layer at all levels (0-19), and other level ranges as well, but I just can't get the map to download at any level of detail.  I've read in older posts that hosted tile layers are not supported for offline download. Is that still the case, or am I simply doing something wrong?

20 Replies
AlfonsKrismann
New Contributor

I have exactly the same problem.

0 Kudos
danbecker
Occasional Contributor III

same issue here. I rem. this happening last March also.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hosted tile layers should work for offline use in Collector. Are you selecting an area of interest and level of detail that are covered by your hosted tile layer?

What version of Collector are you using and what operating system are you using Collector on?

0 Kudos
AlfonsKrismann
New Contributor

I’m using Collector Version 10.4.2 on Android 6.0.1.

I defined the level of detail and the area of interest to cache in ArcMap before publishing the service. In the Caching settings of the Service Editor I chose as level of detail 14 (approx. 1:36.000) to 18 (approx. 1:2.256) using the ArcGIS Online / Bing Maps / Google Maps tiling scheme. As area of interest I chose the current extent of the map.

When I try to take the map offline in Collector I choose an area that is covered by the cache (between level 14 and 18) but I still get the message that the tiles cannot be exported because the tiles are not available for the specified levels. I noticed that the “specified levels” (for example 12, 13, 14) do not match with the levels I chose before (14, 15, 16, 17, 18).

Seems to me that there is a scaling problem using Collector on a smartphone or tablet.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alfons,

Does your hosted tile layer contain level 0 and above?

0 Kudos
AlfonsKrismann
New Contributor

It does not cotain level 0. It contains level 14, 15, 16, 17, 18. I also tried 16, 17, 18.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try creating a hosted tile layer containing level zero and above.

JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

Dan, 

Are you saying that the tile layer must contain all levels, even though I only need a few of the higher ones for use in a small area?  The whole idea of a basemap with only a few levels is that it saves credits, so I'd rather not have to use 0-19 when I need only 12-19. Is this just something that isn't supported yet?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jill, you are correct. It is currently a bug:

BUG-000089119: A web map does not download in Collector for ArcGIS ..