Trimble Catalyst failing to provide full Metadata

Jump to solution
02-23-2018 09:53 AM
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello

I am experimenting with Trimble Catalyst and a Samsung S3 tablet with LTE. Sadly, I am not getting the full GNSS metadata for points collected using this service. My set up is below:

• Map is here
  • FS is here - Spatial Reference: 4326. I created the GNSS metadata fields using the Python tbx here
  • Maryland KeyNet VRS accessed through Trimble mobile Manager – this uses NAD83 2011
  • Configured a location profile within Collector as shown in attached. Things to note about this:
    • firstly I set the ‘map coordinate system’ value to GCS WGS 1984 – which is the same as my FS
    • however, collector tells me “the map uses a different coordinate system than the location profile”
    • so I have to change it to WGS 1984 Web Mercator Aux Sphere

My results are below. I'm not getting anything for the blank metadata fields. Any help on the correct configuration would be appreciated.

Thanks

Receiver Name

Catalyst

Horizontal Accuracy (m)

Vertical Accuracy (m)

Latitude

Longitude

Standard Deviation (m)

PDOP

HDOP

VDOP

Fix Type

Correction Age

Station ID

Number of Satellites

Fix Time

2/22/2018, 6:09 PM

Average Horizontal Accuracy (m)

Average Vertical Accuracy (m)

Averaged Positions

Altitude

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewHargreaves2

The answer is down to GPS Averaging being selected within Collector or not. The following GPS metadata values are recorded by Collector when using a configured feature service:

• Receiver name
  • Latitude—Location before applying the specified location profile, including data transformations
  • Longitude—Location before applying the specified location profile, including data transformations
  • Altitude—Location before applying the specified location profile, including data transformations
  • Fix time

If using a single GPS location to set a point's location, the following metadata values are recorded (but the below are not):

• Horizontal accuracy
  • Vertical accuracy
  • PDOP
  • HDOP
  • VDOP
  • Fix type
  • Correction age
  • Station ID
  • Number of satellites

If performing GPS averaging to set a point's location, the following metadata values are recorded (but the above are not):

• Average horizontal accuracy
  • Average vertical accuracy
  • Number of positions averaged
  • Standard deviation

An indication of the variation in distance between your final, averaged location and each individual location recorded during averaging. A high value indicates your position was influenced by outliers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AndrewHargreaves2

The answer is down to GPS Averaging being selected within Collector or not. The following GPS metadata values are recorded by Collector when using a configured feature service:

• Receiver name
  • Latitude—Location before applying the specified location profile, including data transformations
  • Longitude—Location before applying the specified location profile, including data transformations
  • Altitude—Location before applying the specified location profile, including data transformations
  • Fix time

If using a single GPS location to set a point's location, the following metadata values are recorded (but the below are not):

• Horizontal accuracy
  • Vertical accuracy
  • PDOP
  • HDOP
  • VDOP
  • Fix type
  • Correction age
  • Station ID
  • Number of satellites

If performing GPS averaging to set a point's location, the following metadata values are recorded (but the above are not):

• Average horizontal accuracy
  • Average vertical accuracy
  • Number of positions averaged
  • Standard deviation

An indication of the variation in distance between your final, averaged location and each individual location recorded during averaging. A high value indicates your position was influenced by outliers.