Token will not generate adding web map with enterprise login

Jump to solution
09-10-2019 04:21 PM
KennethHolyoke
New Contributor

I am trying to add a tiled basemap to my web map in ArcGIS Online in order to enable the offline map ability in Collector. collector; android os# arcgisonline basemaps enterprise portal #error generating token

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info Kenneth! If you are using ArcGIS Online, you don't need to follow the steps in "Use an Esri basemap with ArcGIS Enterprise" (Prepare maps for offline use—Collector for ArcGIS (Classic) | ArcGIS). Those steps are for people who use ArcGIS Enterprise, which is like a version of ArcGIS Online specific to your own company.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kenneth -- We can better help you if you provide a bit more information.

1. Based on the dialogs in your image, it looks like you are using a URL to add the tiled basemap. What basemap are you trying to use? Is it a basemap created by Esri, or is it one you or your organization has made?

2. Why are you trying to store credentials with it? If you are creating a web map in ArcGIS Online for use in Collector, storing credentials isn't required for using the map offline.

Thanks!

Esri Education Team
KennethHolyoke
New Contributor

Thanks Kylie:

1- the URL is for an ESRI basemap (Topo)

2- I was following the instructions here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector-classic/android/create-maps/offline-map-prep.htm ("Use an Esri basemap with ArcGIS Enterprise")

Maybe I don't need to do that? I can't seem to get my online map to generate the "offline" mode.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info Kenneth! If you are using ArcGIS Online, you don't need to follow the steps in "Use an Esri basemap with ArcGIS Enterprise" (Prepare maps for offline use—Collector for ArcGIS (Classic) | ArcGIS). Those steps are for people who use ArcGIS Enterprise, which is like a version of ArcGIS Online specific to your own company.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos