Sync problem using streaming mode (Collector)

06-26-2017 12:52 PM
OBVYamaska
New Contributor II

Hi,

We are experiencing synchro problems using Collector. I tries to reproduce the issue, and it seems to happen when I first draw a polygon with streaming mode, and then create another one manually, before trying to sync.

At this point, the sync fails (Operation rolled back). If I do the sync right after either one of the same polygons, it seems to work. I also can sync after I draw several polygons manually. Therefore, it seems to be linked to the streaming mode.

This is a problem because we will be collecting multiple polygons offline before we can acces internet and sync, and we would like to use the streaming mode for its precision.

We are using a iPad Mini 4 with Collector 10.4.2, Build 1559

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce your steps above with 10.4.2 Collector and our latest release 17.0.1. I have not been successful in seeing the sync error. Would you be able to share your map with me? If so can you create a group and add carol_nitro to your org for testing. Otherwise you could upload a video of your workflow that shows the sync failure.

Thanks

Carol

0 Kudos
OBVYamaska
New Contributor II

Our app was indeed outdated. I updated it this morning and will try to reproduce the issue.

0 Kudos
OBVYamaska
New Contributor II

Hi Carol Ghostine‌, 

I updated the app to 17.0.1 and still was able to reproduce the issue.

If I trace a polygon using the "Streaming" mode, I can sync.

But if I trace that same polygon, then trace one on "Manual" mode, I can no longer sync.

Simply deleting that manuel polygon allows me back to sync...

But if I sync first the "Streamed" polygon, then I can create and sync manuel polygons.

I don't seem to have the issue when I trace multiple "manual" polygons.

I guess it could be a problem with my layer if you can't reproduce.

Waiting for your answer, I will try to create a new layer and see if I can reproduce. Still, I would like to investigate what could cause this to prevent frustrating situations in the futur!

After I can try with a new layer, I will share the map with you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
OBVYamaska
New Contributor II

It would seem that the problem came from my layer; I cannot reproduce it so far with the new layer.

Any clue on what could cause that?

I cannot share the map with you, since our very limited account can't take more members...

CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor

I am happy you were able to get over this issue by republishing your layer. As for reason it is hard to tell since we cannot reproduce this in house. Without access to the map it is difficult to find a cause.

0 Kudos