Sync error with Tracking layer

Jump to solution
02-16-2018 12:15 PM
KarenFolger
Occasional Contributor II

I am attempting to use a Tracking layer in Portal with Enterprise data. Editing is turned off in all the Enterprise layers in the Map. Using the tracking layer to fake out Collector so that I can just "View" the Enterprise data in Download mode in the field. I used the template in Portal to create the Tracking layer, shared it with the same group as the Enterprise data but I keep getting a Sync error when I try to download the map. If I take out the Tracking layer the error goes away, but if I update the map I will no longer be able to download it since there is now no editable features in the map. Frustrating. The entire text of the sync error is: ["ErrorMsg@SyncGPService:(\"code\":400.\"description\":\"syncModel:perReplica is not supported with this feature service.\")","Failed to execute(Create Feature Service Replica).","Failed."]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarenFolger

I had a hunch this might be related to projection since my Enterprise data is all UTM and the Tracking layer created from the Template is Web Mercator. So I stole the schema of the tracking layer, reprojected in ArcMap, and re-published a hosted feature service. It doesn't work as a tracking layer but it makes the map work! So now we need a way to make tracking layers in different projections!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KarenFolger

I had a hunch this might be related to projection since my Enterprise data is all UTM and the Tracking layer created from the Template is Web Mercator. So I stole the schema of the tracking layer, reprojected in ArcMap, and re-published a hosted feature service. It doesn't work as a tracking layer but it makes the map work! So now we need a way to make tracking layers in different projections!

0 Kudos