Symbology based on 2 fields?

Jump to solution
04-15-2020 01:21 PM
KorySteele
New Contributor III

In the legacy ArcGIS, I could set up symbology so that when 2 fields had values, the color of the line would change. 

Specifically, we are doing stormwater mapping.  I would like the line for the pipes to change color when both the up and down stream inverts have been inputted.  I'm having trouble setting this up in Pro to begin with, and then I realized it may not even transfer to AGOL or Collector to begin with.  Is this even possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Kory,

You could also set it up in ArcGIS Pro like the following:

Choose unique values for symbology and set an Arcade expression of your choice to get the job done.

Given the description you gave, I used. 

If (IsEmpty($feature.upstream)) {
return 'No Upstream'
}
Else if (IsEmpty($feature.downstream)){
return 'No Downstream'
}
Else {
return 'Complete'
}

Then in the Symbol Pane I added the possible values that the Arcade expression could return.  (you need at least one feature to do this, but you don't need all possible types)

Type the values in  exactly as they would be returned from your Arcade Expression.

Then Share as a webmap from ArcGIS Pro.

As you work in Collector the map will symbolize (and label if you use the expression there) as defined by the Arcade.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

create an "New Expression" with Arcade  in Symbolgy. You can use two fields by concate them 

Concatenate(arrayOfFieldsOrValues, '/') 

Cheers

Karsten

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Kory,

You could also set it up in ArcGIS Pro like the following:

Choose unique values for symbology and set an Arcade expression of your choice to get the job done.

Given the description you gave, I used. 

If (IsEmpty($feature.upstream)) {
return 'No Upstream'
}
Else if (IsEmpty($feature.downstream)){
return 'No Downstream'
}
Else {
return 'Complete'
}

Then in the Symbol Pane I added the possible values that the Arcade expression could return.  (you need at least one feature to do this, but you don't need all possible types)

Type the values in  exactly as they would be returned from your Arcade Expression.

Then Share as a webmap from ArcGIS Pro.

As you work in Collector the map will symbolize (and label if you use the expression there) as defined by the Arcade.

Mark

KorySteele
New Contributor III

Thanks Mark, that was perfect.  I really appreciate all the time you put into your comment.  I was able follow your guidelines and learn a little bit more!

0 Kudos