REQUEST to know how ArcGIS 10.2.2 web server works to create a web based database.

11-07-2014 09:54 PM
aneeshasatya
New Contributor

Currently i am pursuing my Masters in REMOTE SENSING and GIS in NIT Waranagal,INDIA.I must create a web based database using ArcGIS server.Our institute is currently having the 10.2.2 version of  ArcGIS server. Can you please guide me to know all about the version so i can work on it.

I would like to some important points like

1.how to use the options in the server.

2.what should i know exactly to select one among the 3 API's (JavaScript,Silverlight,Flex) to write the script required for my work.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

This would be a good place to start:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

aneeshasatya
New Contributor

Thank you sir for the reply.....But i have been going through it already ....i wanted to know where i can find the videos which show the step by step procedure as to how exactly i can use the web services in the server(i.e., how to create an web application of my own database).

0 Kudos
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

No idea about videos and if you go down one link you will see "Publishing a service" and "Creating a web application"

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

PS this question is more relevant to the ArcServer group.

0 Kudos
aneeshasatya
New Contributor

After reading literature about API's I am thinking to use Silverlight API. Can u let me know is it better to learn DOJO and use javascript API for my project,?

0 Kudos
MelissaBaker_Bohn
New Contributor

Perhaps, the following may help you:

http://www.esri.com/products/technology-topics/web-gis/features  Link

Near the bottom of the page is a link to a video for "Watch the Video: ArcGIS Deployment Patterns" which explains a great deal and may help you.

or checkout their video site:  video.esri.com  (there is a search area at the bottom of the menu on the left pane)

Here's another link: Creating Web Applications with ArcGIS | Esri Video

Good Luck!

MB

0 Kudos