Relationship classes and offline editing

Jump to solution
12-05-2014 05:44 AM
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all,

I have a feature class and SQL Server table that I'm trying to relate and make available for offline editing.  I was able to successfully get attachments to a feature working, but I'm having some issues trying to get this to function with my SQL table and I'm assuming it is a schema, primary key issue.

From what I've read on relationship classes and preparing data for offline, layers that participate in a relationship must be related using a Global ID field as the primary key.  So that said, how can this be accomplished if my data is structured such that I have a point feature class with a point 'name' field that is alpha-numeric, and this field is related to a SQL Server table (1:M) with the same alpha-numeric 'name' field?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Warren M

0 Kudos
12 Replies
WarrenMedernach

Hey Russell,

I'm finally getting around to testing out this editing of related data in Collector and have another question:

Does the ArcGIS Server itself need to be at 10.3 as well for this to work in the Collector 10.3? 

Our server is still at 10.2.2 and I can edit the related in ArcMap, but when I create the map in our arcgis online account I can 'see' the related records, but cannot see a mechanism for editing the records and the same thing applies when I view the map in Collector.  So... I'm thinking our server needs to be at 10.3 as well.

Thanks!

Warren

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Warren,

Here is a link from our doc going over related records:

FAQs—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Related data is supported when using ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers or versioned data from ArcGIS 10.3 for Server or later. In a future release of ArcGIS for Server support will be added for archive-enabled data. When using related data, it is strongly recommended that you use GlobalIDs when defining relationships. User-maintained relationships are not recommended.

Russ

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

Once again thank you Russell, and once again I'm looking in the wrong place I was searching through the 10.3 server docs and getting no where fast.

0 Kudos