Related Tables for Offline Data Collection

Jump to solution
10-14-2015 07:54 AM
AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

I have a question regarding creating relationship class for offline data collection. According to this Esri blog,  "we recommend that you create relationships using the GlobalID field on your layer so that primary key of the relationship (your parent hydrant feature) is guaranteed to be unique when establishing a connection to a new inspection record."

And then in this ArcGIS Server documentation, it reads, "elationship classes and attachments must use a Global ID primary key."

Also, when I consulted with Esri Support analyst for Collector sync issue I was having, he said the relationship class in my database that did not use Global ID as primary key wasn't causing the issue.

So I am confused whether it's a requirement or a recommendation to use Global ID as primary key, when creating relationship class for offline data collection.

Tags (2)
11 Replies
DylanHarwell2
New Contributor

I'm confused on this as well, because like the OP I found those statements in the documentation, and I have several relationship classes using GlobalIDs, however, I am unable to take my map offline in Collector because "supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs" property is set to false. I found this tech page which suggests you CAN NOT have a GlobalID-based relationship class and use it offline with Collector... (and yes I DO have unique attribute indexes as the "workaround" suggests)

Problem: The Supports ApplyEdits With Global Ids parameter is set to false 

Has anybody figured out how to accomplish this? I need the relationships to be GlobalID-based because it would be such a pain to set up a back-end way of managing GUID fields for all our Collector data!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yet another reason not to use GlobalID in relationships.   Field Maps and 123 does GlobalID lowercase while AGOL does uppercase.  The relationships class IS case sensitive so it all breaks.  Crazy.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/field-maps-is-creating-lowercase-globalid-...