Refresh Maps on Device

Jump to solution
11-12-2014 09:25 AM
TonyGroeneveld
New Contributor III

Is there another way to refresh maps on the device other than signing out and signing back in?

In the testing / prototyping phase I'm in right now I am making lots of changes to my maps in ArcGIS online and then want to see the resulting behavior in collector with the new map.  The only way that I know to get the new map is to sign out and sign back in.

Is there another way?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

iOS you can pull to refresh and then reload the map and that will grab any changes you made to the web map. On Android there is an overflow menu at the bottom and there is a refresh option and then you can reopen the map and it will grab the latest changes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

iOS you can pull to refresh and then reload the map and that will grab any changes you made to the web map. On Android there is an overflow menu at the bottom and there is a refresh option and then you can reopen the map and it will grab the latest changes.

KeisukeNozaki
Occasional Contributor II

Russell, is there a way to refresh automatically?

This is important when tracking where collectors went.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KeisukeNozaki
Occasional Contributor II

For our iPad Mini  (iOS 8.1.1 Collector 10.2.7), pulling to refresh did not update the map.

Instead, pulling to refresh then clicking Offline (select Cancel) changed the map.

Is this a known issue?

RobertTaylor2
New Contributor

Doesn't work for me either using new Collector v 18.1.0 on iOS 12.1.1.  Not even signing out and signing back in works.  Really need to know how to ensure that latest version of webmap is being used.

0 Kudos
BradBolton
New Contributor III

I have consistently had this issue with Collector (iOS). I still can't seem to find a solution. Thankfully the one map that gets used in Collector doesn't need to be updated often. However, during the times I am making changes, I can't get the map to update. Numerous sign out/in attempts, and ending the app does nothing. My experience has been that after a random period of time, it updates. I just tried pulling down to refresh after adding a new layer to my map. Layer shows up in Explorer app (always updates after a sign out/in), but not Collector. I don't have the iPad in front of me, but I know it does not have the very latest software update on it. Not sure if that matters.