Recover data from an Android device?

03-30-2015 10:32 AM
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

Yesterday I created a new feature, tapped 'stream' and verified that the system was actively recording GPS data by walking around the parking lot.  Then I took off on my mountain bike to map some new trails for my community and the non-profit groups that make these trails possible.  When I got back to the car, Collector was unresponsive - all that was shown under the blue banner with the name of the project was a spinning circle, the type of graphic that typically indicates that something is loading.  When I pulled into my driveway 10 minutes later, the spinning circle was still there and the app was otherwise unresponsive.  So I killed Collector and restarted it. I navigated to the project, but the line that I had attempted to record was completely absent, including the segment that I saw while in the parking lot. 

Is it possible to recover the data from my phone?  I have found the ArcGIS_Collector/offline_data folder, but it's empty.  If it's not recoverable, what I can do to prevent this loss in the future?

I'm running a LG G2 with Collector 10.3

0 Kudos
2 Replies
betancourt
New Contributor

If you have synced the data before, you can recover from the backup file. If not, you should not add more data to your device anymore. Then,  try some professional recovery methods, MobiKin Doctor for android, you can use it to scan your phone and restore lost data from it. Only a  few steps you can get back your lost data from your phone.

0 Kudos
MichaelEdwards
New Contributor

Try to search on the device for a .geodatabase file and then convert it to a file geodatabase. Maybe you can find out your data. If not, then just as betan court said, try the pro recovery methods to help you recover lost data from Android phone. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos