Read error: ssl=0x66ea9c0: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection to abort

08-29-2017 11:05 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Read error: ssl=0x66ea9c0: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection to abort

Samsung 7s droid This particular type of phone has been a problem crashing or failed to download maps.

7 Replies
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter. Did you manage to find a solution to this issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same error when trying to download a map. It worked for maps with a less detailed work area but keeps crashing when I try to download a heavier map. Do you have any solution ?

TomGraham1
New Contributor II

I have also encountered this problem recently, have checked and double-checked for any feature layer errors. We have a new stock of tablets for numerous surveys and this problem is now becoming more widespread. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom,

Did you find any solution ?

0 Kudos
TomGraham1
New Contributor II

Hi,

So far the only workaround which works (sort of) is to clear the cache and untick the option to download photos when downloading onto device. This seems to make the process slightly more manageable and consistent!

0 Kudos
AdminHatfield
New Contributor

Hi Tom,

Where can I find those options? Are they in the Collector app or on the AGOL website? And are you using Collector classic or the beta version?

0 Kudos
TomGraham1
New Contributor II

Hi, 

The cache options can be found in the mobile device settings.

The photo download option can be found by navigating to the general settings of the relevant web-map > Offline > Advanced Options > Read-Only Features

This problem still persists a year on, we now have a workflow which all our surveyors will clear cache between surveys once data is successfully synced. 

0 Kudos