Querying Data in Collector

11-21-2017 01:10 PM
GMUGeotechnical
New Contributor II

I am new to collector, so please bare with me.

I am preparing tablets for technicians in my company to use in the field. I would like Collector to (hopefully) automatically query data a feature class based on a specific attribute.

For example, I have 10 data points that have been collected in the field but they do not have sequential IDs. However, I have collected the time in a field called Time that the data was collected and I would like Collector to display, potentially at all times the last two data points that we collected based on the two most recent values in the Time field.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is not possible in Collector.

I guess you could do something on a server that shows a view with only the two recent features.

GMUGeotechnical
New Contributor II

Could you elaborate on the server idea? Thank you.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That´s not my cup of tea. I would talk with someone that has skills with FME or Geoevent Server.

Another track is to test the next version of Collector (Aurora). It  could use Arcade expression and that could maybe solve your problem. Read more:

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis/blog/2017/09/06/the-auror...

The first beta will be released on iOS  very soon so maybe you should check that out.

0 Kudos