Select to view content in your preferred language

Offline works in ios but not android

04-22-2014 04:59 PM
CharlesDawley
Occasional Contributor
I have a collector map that works fine in online/offline mode on my iphone.

When I try and use the offline mode on my android tablet the features do not appear.
But when I use the map in online mode the map works as expected.
Tags (2)
75 Replies
RodLockie
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Can you give me some help in changing  the uploadreadaheadsize so we are able to sync.

Thanks,

Rod

0 Kudos
Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

If this is an issue related to syncing back to AGS feature services rather than hosted services I would also like to hear more about the "uploadreadaheadsize" setting in IIS. I have my ArcGIS Sever on IIS and am experiencing the occasional sync failure with offline collections too.

The last time I had this issue the Python script helped (minus the "A row with this OID Already Esists" error requiring esri to step in). However, if this is truly an issue with AGS/IIS setup I'd like to nip this in the bud before I push the use of Collector to a broader scale within my organization. Look fwd to hearing more about your work around Robert.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor III

I contacted ESRI about the issues and they offered to extract and convert the data for me.

I was also told that in 10.3 there will be a tool that will all people to extract the data from collector.

which is nice but the issue should be resolved in collector and we shouldn't have to use a tool to extract it and reload it.

0 Kudos
RobertRayner1
New Contributor III

These are the instructions that ESRI provided on changing the uploadreadaheadsize:

1. Launch “Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager”
  2. Select the site that you are hosting your web application under it.
  3. In the Features section, double click “Configuration Editor”
  4. Under “Section” select: system.webServer ,then select serverRuntime
  5. 5. Modify the “uploadReadAheadSize” section to be like 20MB (the value there is in Bytes)
  6. 6. Click Apply this is happening as during renegotiation step;

Hopefully this helps others!

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor III

The data is currently be hosted on ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
RobertRayner1
New Contributor III

Changing IIS settings will only apply if you host your own content on ArcGIS Server Tony, I'm not sure why features would not be syncing if they are hosted.

0 Kudos