Offline editor tracking

05-01-2014 06:19 AM
CollinGrove1
New Contributor
When using editor tracking with a hosted feature service, connected edits record the username of the logged in user. However, in both Android and iOS Collector app versions (latest of each), the user name is not recorded, but the time is.

Has anybody else noticed this, and is there a fix in the works?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Editor tracking and ownership controls are not fully supported in offline with hosted feature services. It is supported with 10.2.2 ArcGIS Server feature services and we are working on enhancing this area of the app.
Here is a link to our doc outlining the limitation.
http://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/ios/create-maps/faqs-create-map.htm#anchor10

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor
Hello Russ,

We are using 10.2.2 and cannot get editor tracking to work yet. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
CraigCheeseman
New Contributor III
Same here.  Everything is set up as per the document you have linked but as soon as you add that layer to your map you are unable to check the box to allow offline.
0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor
This is from another related post, but might help this one......

I need to follow up on my thread posts above.

I now have the ArcGIS Collector working succesfully. I had to create an entirely new enterprise geodatabase (Windows Server 2008, MS SQL 2008, ArcGIS Server 10.2.2) and isolate that as a completely non-versioned database where the reconcile, post and compress (RPC) functions are not being performed.

It seemed pretty consistent that even though the DATASET was not versioned, everytime we performed the RPC process on the DATABASE as a whole, the collector would lose the ability to edit while in a connected mode. It would throw a bunch of database errors in the logs and essentially not work unless the feature class and feature service were recreated. This also seems to have resolved the problem in another post where editor tracking was not working in the collector, even with version 10.2.3 installed on the device.

Now if we could just add other, non-editable services to the same web map and/or add the same layer twice with different symbology to the same service the collector would be EXTREMELLY awesome!
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

A "me too"  using 10.2.2. server and all I get recorded in the Edited by fields are "Esri_anonymous"

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Adrian, ArcGIS Server service token secured?

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden

Nope.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You need the service to be secured to be able to leverage editor tracking.

AdrianMarsden

Ah thank you.

That sort of works, but the user id that gets all the way to our database is that of the ArcGIS Server account that has been stored when I set up the layer in AGOL.

Anyway to get the AGOL user details the user uses on the the mobile device to get passed through?

ACM

0 Kudos