Offline Data not syncing to server

Jump to solution
05-29-2015 01:45 PM
ChristopherSwank
New Contributor III

We are running Portal 10.3, ArcMAP 10.3 and Collector 10.3.  We have successfully published our feature service and created a map in Portal. If we open the map on the iPad in Collector and we add a point to the light pole layer, it pushes to the server and if we refresh the browser on computer logged into portal, it will show the new point. 

Next we download the map to the iPad for offline use.  We add a new point to the light pole layer. Once finished, it shows the 1 in a red circle showing our number of updates, we tap the sync button and it appears to do its thing to transfer the newly collected data.  When we refresh the browser on the computer, it does not show the new point.  If we open the map in ArcMAP and open the attributes table for the light poles, it does not show the new point.  It does however, still show the new point on the screen of the iPad. 

Any ideas why it is not publishing the point to the server?  We are not getting any errors so things "appear" to be working correctly. 

The attachments show the point added in offline mode on collector (in the middle of the street).  The other shows the same road on the computer with the point missing. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

For versioned data you will reconcile the data which will merge it into the master gdb. The resource doc here should help you out: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Maybe not a very helpful suggestion and have you looked at the Portal / Server / IIS logs?

0 Kudos
ChristopherSwank
New Contributor III

Hi,  I did look in the logs and there are not any errors with regard to my feature service 2015v3 or the layer i am trying to edit, lights recessed, just several info logs that show success.  It's as though the data is being sent to the abyss.  Is there a developer mode for the software to see what the ipad is actually doing when it is trying to sync? 

Thank you,

Chris

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using versioned data? If you are the points will not show up until everything has been merged into master.

Russ

0 Kudos
ChristopherSwank
New Contributor III

Russell, could you give me a couple of suggestions on how to merge everything?  Is this done in the SQL manager or in ArcCatalog?  I didn't see a tool in Geodatabase Administration in ArcCatalog to merge the data. 

Thank you,

Chris

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

For versioned data you will reconcile the data which will merge it into the master gdb. The resource doc here should help you out: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos
ChristopherSwank
New Contributor III

Thank you Russell.  With the above I was able to figure it out.  The data is no longer in the abyss!

Thanks again,

Chris

0 Kudos