Multiple Basemaps Offline

Jump to solution
04-04-2014 06:57 AM
KyleHeideman
New Contributor
Is it possible to utilize more than one basemap in an offline map?  I have two pre-loaded basemaps on a device and would like to provide a basemap switcher to users who have taken a map offline.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
In this initial release the app only supports one basemap at a time. If you don't mind me asking what would you be using the 2 basemaps in 1 downloaded map for?

Thanks!
Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
In this initial release the app only supports one basemap at a time. If you don't mind me asking what would you be using the 2 basemaps in 1 downloaded map for?

Thanks!
Russ
0 Kudos
MarkStram
New Contributor

I also have a topographic basemap and an aerial photo basemapt that I would like to switch between in collector. 

0 Kudos
KyleHeideman
New Contributor

Thanks!
Russ

We'd like to have an imagery w/labels basemap and also a topographic style basemap(LiDAR derived) and allow the user to switch between the two.

Thanks for your feedback!
0 Kudos
MatthewPietryszyn
New Contributor
Has there been any movement on the basemap selector for offline?

We'd like to proved the ability to switch between community maps and aerial also.

thanks,

Matt
0 Kudos
RobertRayner1
New Contributor III
This would be great for loading different base map sections as well, say a North and South portion.
Currently Collectors have to get within signal range, sync, delete the map, re-download and choose the next portion.

It's also unfortunate that the basemap's are limited in size to 4GB due to FAT32, that's not much imagery at a useful scale for field
staff.
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
Besides multiple basemap layers (e.g., Streets and Aerial) in the table-of-contents of the downloaded map, I would like to see multiple downloads, call them tiles, of the same map in order to cover linear project areas.  See attached image.
0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum
I agree with Joe's comments.  Aerial + Streets + Multiple.  I've created a second version of a downloadable map just to get the aerial/streets ability, but I don't think that approach would be recommended.
0 Kudos
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II
I too would like to see that ability to have multiple basemaps for offline use.  In one project we have high resolution orthos along a corridor, and I'd like to have a topo basemap outside the corridor.   I appreciate the fact that we can side load the ortho tile packs onto our iPads, but I'm at a loss as to what we could provide for information outside this corridor.   It would be nice if we could create tile packs of the orthos with a basemep underneath in ArcMap and sideload that onto our iPads.
0 Kudos
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II
This is what I have offline, [ATTACH=CONFIG]33872[/ATTACH] and this is what I would like [ATTACH=CONFIG]33874[/ATTACH]

Is there a way to create tile packs with Desktop or Pro that include online basemap data in that background?  That would solve the issue.
0 Kudos