Missing Layers

10-05-2015 12:05 PM
JadeFreeman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

We've created several collector applications so far and things have been working great.  We are using an onsite portal and ArcGIS Server 10.2.1. 

However, we recently deployed an ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 site and when we try to include services from this new site, they do not show up when we open the map in collector.  In other words, the if I publish my service on our older 10.2 server, the layers work just fine including related records.  If I then publish the same service (same mxd, same underlying data source) to 10.3, the layer will not show up in collector.

My suspicion is that I am going to have to version my data for it to work in 10.3 even though I did not have to do this in 10.2 (server).

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Jade

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JadeFreeman

I'll definitely check that and looking at the json (hadn't thought of that).  However, I'm adding the layers to the map directly ('Add from web') so I think they would inherit the same sharing as the map itself.  Also, I just used the online assistant to change the service url's to the same service published on our older server and when I reload the map in Collector, everything works just fine.

Also, I'm logged into my portal in Collector with the same account I'm using to create the map but I'll double check the sharing anyway.

Oh, and no, testing on an iPhone 6.

0 Kudos
JadeFreeman

So, the layers from the 10.3 server are being included in the json for the web map and I updated the sharing to no avail.

I am next going to try adding the layers to portal as items and then add to my map. 

0 Kudos
LeeBrinton
Occasional Contributor

If that doesn't work for you it may be worth reaching out to Tech Support to see if someone can help you. Sorry I couldn't be of more use.

0 Kudos
JadeFreeman

Thanks Lee, that’s probably the next step but I really appreciate you looking at this and offering suggestions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JadeFreeman

I was finally able to test on the Android version of Collector (10.3.4) and my editable feature services from my 10.3.1 ArcGIS Server work just fine.  It appears this issue seems to be limited to the Collector for iOS (v10.3.5).

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues trying to use services from a 10.3.1 server with the iOS version of Collector?

0 Kudos
LeeBrinton
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jade,

I actually think this is a known bug specific to that version of iOS that was discovered right around the time of our conversation. I didn't put two and two together until you mentioned in this last message, so I will need to check with some folks here to see if that is the case. I will check back with more information as soon as I can, sorry about the inconvenience. 

Stay tuned.

0 Kudos
LeeBrinton
Occasional Contributor

I just chatted with one of the Collector people and I don't think this is the bug I mentioned in my last reply. Did you have any luck reaching out to Support? I think they may need to chat with you on this to see the Server setup, iPad interactions, and possibly the ArcGIS Online settings. I wish I could be of more help here.

0 Kudos