Mask basemap

05-19-2016 10:53 AM
FCOAdmin
New Contributor II

I want to limit the resolution of a basemap in Collector by a polygon.  Essentially, I want imagery cached for offline use along a road corridor at 1:2,400 and for the rest of the "work area" the resolution is inconsequential.

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

One option is to only create a basemap for that section. Then when the user downloads the basemap it will only be the area you desire.

FCOAdmin
New Contributor II

What do you mean "create a basemap for that section"?  Is there a way to limit the extent of basemaps in Collector?

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

What I mean is if you have a server, Create a custom basemap showing only the area of interest. Then publish the basemap.

I do not believe you can take an esri basemap and create a rectangle or draw the area you want downloaded.

Go offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

See this post for a how to.  Use a Area of Interest to build the tpk.  But also note as I posted in here that the Export tool has a bug in it.  It may be ok for collector but not sure.  My guess is you would do the workflow of use Manage Tile Cache then Export to turn it into a tpk.  Sideload this as a basemap.

Create Cache and TPK without ArcGIS for Server - Workflows for Desktop users

0 Kudos