Maps for offline editing

03-30-2014 03:16 PM
JosephJose
New Contributor III
I wanted to test the offline editing capability of Collector. Does anyone know if I can get some maps that I can use to test the offline capability.

I can't publish my own maps currently.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
BrianHaren
Occasional Contributor
Have you signed up for the free 30 day trial of ArcGIS Online?  If no, sign up and you can create your own map for use in Collector to test.
0 Kudos
JosephJose
New Contributor III
I have an ArcGis online account.

I have tried selecting some maps available there. When I edit the map and select the checkbox "Enable offline mode." It gives me a message "This web map cannot be enabled for offline use. Learn more about taking your maps offline....."

can u give me a map that allows offline editing?
0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett1
New Contributor III
Hi have you had a chance to review this link
http://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/

there are some tutorials here that will allow you to create a map that you can use for an offline process
0 Kudos
JosephJose
New Contributor III
Thanks for the same. I had a look previously but my situation is I can't prepare the data for offline editing for obvious reasons.

But your thread was helpful as there were pointers to what I wanted.

If I look at the link, http://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/ios/create-maps/create-and-share-a-collector-map.htm
there is a section  mentioned "Note:
To find the map on ArcGIS Online, search for Damage assessment tutorial owner:esri_collector type:map."

Can someone tell me how do I get that map mentioned above as I don't find it in ArcGisOnline? Also anything similar would do for me.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
If you are searching through your organization make sure the search has not been restricted to just search your organization content. You could also search owner: esri_collector to see other sample maps under this account which mirror the try it now content in the app.

Russ
0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett1
New Contributor III
Edited.
Will create another link
0 Kudos
JosephJose
New Contributor III
Thanks jplunkett1

I can now find the link in ArcGISOnline. I will have to now check for editing now.

Thanks once again
0 Kudos
JosephJose
New Contributor III
Even with the specified layer if I enable offline editing by going to ArcGISOnline and select the checkbox "Enable offline mode." It gives me a message "This web map cannot be enabled for offline use. Learn more about taking your maps offline....."

Guess I will have to give up on this
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
The trial maps like the Damage Assessment do not support offline. You can create your own copy of the service and enable sync on that service and create a web map which by default will then get the offline enable and you can log into that app with your account and you can see the map with a download button.

Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos