Map Download Failed for All maps!

05-14-2017 04:16 PM
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

All of sudden, I'm unable to download maps in Collector for ArcGIS for any of my projects. This error exists on the many maps that I have been using for the past year. "Map Download Failed Unable to download the map. Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Create replica internal error." This error exists, even on maps with no replicas, on maps that I haven't worked with in months, and on recently used maps. Field crews are waiting in the wings for ESRI tech support and it is Sunday

0 Kudos
21 Replies
ChrisBusson
New Contributor

We have the same issue, same error message. Monday here and we are also waiting while the issue is looked at. Our problem appears to be only with AGOL Hosted services, our features on internal servers work fine. Also our syncing seems fine if the map was already downloaded, but unable to download new maps.

EthanDuke
New Contributor III

Same here, Chris. Downloaded maps sync. Thanks for the comment.

0 Kudos
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

The service issue was resolved on ESRI's backend today. We no longer have the issue.

0 Kudos
DavidAslesen
New Contributor II

They may have resolved it on May 15th, but it's back again on May 24th.  Nothing will download for us.

0 Kudos
JulieMikolajczyk3
New Contributor III

We are having the same issue sporadically starting today. Seems to only be affecting hosted data and maps. I'm opening a support ticket now.

0 Kudos
DavidAslesen
New Contributor II

I spent two hours today with ESRI tech support without resolving the problem.  They basically booted it to the group to see if anyone has insights or solutions.  Hoping ...

0 Kudos
JulieMikolajczyk3
New Contributor III

Here is what I got from tech support...

"It turns out that there was a temporary service disruption on services2.arcgis.com that affected replica creation for Hosted Feature Services. This issue has now been resolved and all services should be functioning normally again."

I can download my hosted maps again, but I worry that this system isn't as stable as I thought it was, so I'm keeping a backup on server for now just to make sure our disconnected field crews have something to record data in during their extended field surveys this summer.

0 Kudos
DavidAslesen
New Contributor II

Thanks for letting me know. Ours works now also! Dave

0 Kudos
AlexBullen1
Occasional Contributor II

This issue appears to have reared its head again. I am unable to download any maps onto my device via Collector, even a 3 MB topographic basemap. Opening a ticket...

0 Kudos