Legend

Jump to solution
06-18-2015 11:22 AM
KeisukeNozaki
Occasional Contributor II

In Collector for Android, I see layer control but not legend.

How do users know what symbols mean?

I heard Collector also does not support labels from ArcGIS Online.

I appreciate your advice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

There's no full legend unfortunately - you can only see the symbology of things you can capture by pressing the "+" button when you're at the right scale for capturing those things.

There's no label support either unfortunately - when we show Collector to potential users the lack of things like labelling really turns them off.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PeteCrosier

There's no full legend unfortunately - you can only see the symbology of things you can capture by pressing the "+" button when you're at the right scale for capturing those things.

There's no label support either unfortunately - when we show Collector to potential users the lack of things like labelling really turns them off.

KeisukeNozaki
Occasional Contributor II

Esri told me workaround for labeling in Collector.

One is publishing as tiled service from ArcMap with consumes service credits.

This way, we can only treat layers as a background.

The other is using your own Basemap layers.

But we need to copy data to each device manually.

I hope it will be resolved in the next release.

0 Kudos
PeteCrosier

We do use basemaps, but it takes us nearly a week to generate a new set and our labelled data is changing far too fast for us to handle with basemaps - I think we've settled on quarterly updates to our basemapping.

As you say, hopefully label (and annotation and dimension) support will come soon - until then I think we can just keep asking and asking for it.