Layer failed to load- red triangle

10-16-2019 01:36 PM
Chris_Olsen
New Contributor II

I'm having an issue with some hosted layers not being able to load in Collector in both the app and Windows edition. On the app, I get a Code: 3018 runtime error. 

On the Windows app, I get a Field Already Exists: created_user error. Why would it be trying to create this field again?

Screenshots attached.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris -- we've seen some issues with editor tracking fields that are affected by how the layer is created. How was your layer created? In Pro and published to ArcGIS Online, or within ArcGIS Online? Could you share the list of fields your layer has, or if possible your layer with Collector4ArcGIS (the easiest way is to create a group, share the layer with the group, and invite Collector4ArcGIS to the group). 

Another thing you can try is enabling logging in the developer settings on the iPad (triple-tap on your user name in the profile, and you'll see a "developer settings" option appear). You can enable logging in the developer settings, then reload the map, and see what information you learn.

(Hope all is well! )

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
Chris_Olsen
New Contributor II

Hi Kylie,

The layer was created in the Portal (we're using Enterprise 10.7.1) using the template of another feature layer. I'm sending you the login info.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
GrahamWood2
New Contributor III

Hi Chris or Kylie Donia
Did you find a resolution to this?

I've got the same environment Portal 10.7.1 and iOS Collector.
Only thing it may be is that my feature class has a relationship class.

I've created from both ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro.

When I disable the editor tracking the issue goes away. NB I'd like to see editor tracking in collector. (is this a bug?)

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

For editor tracking fields, you need to make sure editor tracking fields should NOT have editable:true

0 Kudos